Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday, stressed on the importance of a zero-tolerance policy on radicalisation and asserted that people supporting radicalisation shouldn't have a place in any nation. PM Modi made these remarks while addressing the third ‘No Money for Terror’ (NMFT) Ministerial Conference on Counter-Terrorism Financing, at Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi. PM Modi also took a jibe at Pakistan and China, without naming them, for offering ideological and financial support to terrorism and said that cost must be imposed on such countries . The previous two conferences of this series were held in Paris in April 2018 and in Melbourne in November 2019. The conference is organised for two days, i.e.18th-19th November, to offer a unique platform for participating nations and organizations to deliberate on the effectiveness of the current international regime on Counter Terrorism Financing as well as steps required to address emerging challenges. Here're top 10 quotes of PM Modi from the 'No Money for Terror' Conference':
PM Modi on Counter-Terrorism Financing | Top 10 quotes
1. "Uprooting terrorism needs larger, proactive, systemic response. Must pursue terrorists, break support networks, hit their finances," PM Modi said while emphasing on breaking the support networks of the terrorists.
2. "Action against organised crime extremely important in fight against terrorism," PM Modi said
3. "World needs to unite against all kinds of covert, overt backing of terrorism," he added.
4. In a veiled attack on Pakistan and China, PM Modi said, "Certain countries support terrorism as part of their foreign policy."
5. Calling out the countries which support terrorism, prime minister said, "there must be a cost imposed on countries that support terrorism."
6. "Tactical gains will soon be lost without larger strategy aimed at hurting terror finances," PM Modi said at international conference on terror funding
7. "Only uniform, unified, zero-tolerance approach can defeat terrorism," the prime minister said.
8. PM Modi also stressed that all terrorist attacks need equal outrage and action, " All terrorist attacks deserve equal outrage and action."
9. Long-term impact of terrorism is particularly hard on the poor and local economy, the prime minister said.
10. "We will not rest till terrorism is uprooted," PM Modi asserted.