Reliance Jio has issued a warning to its customers regarding the ongoing e-KYC scams. Amid rising cases of cyber frauds, scamming, the telecommunications company has warned its customers about the technique that fraudsters use to fool innocent users. Earlier in 2021, CEO's of Bharti Airtel and Vodafone had also issued a similar warning against cyber frauds to their customers. In a letter to its customers, Reliance Jio has mentioned following 6 things that they need to be careful about.
Here are 6 things Jio customers should be cautious about:
1. Be cautious about the fraudulent calls/ messages asking you to follow steps for e-KYC verification. Don't respond to such calls/messages
2. Reliance Jio never asks its customers to to download any third-party apps, as MyJio app is sufficient, it consists of all the relevant information.
3. The letter also says that customers should never share their Aadhaar number, OTP or bank account number with anyone claiming to be Jio representative
4. Company further says in its letter that fraudsters often ask customers to complete e-KYC otherwise they will be deprived of the jio services. Jio ask customers, not to believe on such calls.
5. The letter also says that don't call back on numbers given in e-KYC SMSs claiming for KYC verification. "Usually a call back number is also mentioned to share the details. When the customer calls on the given number, he/she is asked to install a third-party app which allows imposters to take remote access to customer’s phone and the bank accounts associated with the device”. Letter further asks customers, "Please stay alert from such SMS/calls as this may result in financial loss. Do not download remote access apps, as fraudsters will get access to all your phone’s information".
6. Never click on any link in messages sent by a 'so called jio representative'. The telecom company asks its customers to not click on links, attachments sent by callers claiming to be a Jio represntative. Jio advises customers to not respond such uninvited communications.