In a low-scoring thriller, Gujarat Titans (GT) on Tuesday defeated Lucknow (LSG) by 62 runs. After that victory, GT became the first team to qualify for the IPL 2022 playoffs. At mega auctions, most people thought that Gujarat was the first team to be out of the tournament. However, GT proved them wrong. There are three more slots left and other teams are battling to reach there. Here are the key highlights of the game:
1. GT won the toss and elected to bat first against LSG
2. GT's top order Wriddhiman Saha (5), Matthew Wade (10), and Hardik Pandya (11) didn't contribute much. Only Shubman Gill stayed from the start till the end and made an unbeaten 63 runs off 49.
3. David Miller built a fine 52-run partnership with Gill. Miller made 26 runs off 24. After the fall of his wicket, Rahul Tewatia built an unbeaten 41-run partnership with Gill. Tewatia made an unbeaten 22 runs off 16.
4. GT managed to score 144/4 in their 20 overs.
5. Replying to the GT total, None of the other players in LSG playing XI were able to score some runs against the brilliant bowling attack of GT.
6. Mohammed Shami took (1/5) in his 3 overs, Yash Dayal took (2/24) in his 2 overs, Rashid Khan took (4/24) in his 3.5 overs, and Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore took (2/7) in his 2 overs were sensational with the bowl.
7. LSG managed to score 82/10 in 13.5 overs and lost the match by 62 runs.
8. Shubman Gill was declared player of the match.
9. Brief scores: Gujarat Titans 144/4 in 20 overs (Shubman Gill 63 not out, David Miller 26, Rahul Tewatia 22 not out; Avesh Khan 2/26) beat Lucknow Super Giants 82 all out in 13.5 overs (Deepak Hooda 27; Rashid Khan 4/24, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore 2/7)