Stressing on India's success story after his government took over the reins of power, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday pointed out that compared to 200-400 startups in 2014, the country now has over 68,000 startups. PM Modi said this while addressing the members of the Indian community in Germany at the Theatre am Potsdamer Platz, Berlin. Over 1600 members of the Indian Diaspora including students, researchers and professionals were part of the event. The prime minister said that he would want to talk about the capabilities of crores of Indians which includes all the children of "Maa Bharati" who live in every corner of the world. PM Modi also encouraged Indians in Germany to contribute to India's 'vocal for local' initiative by promoting Indian products globally. He also praised the 'New India', that takes risks, innovates and incubates. Here are the top 10 quotes of PM Modi from Potsdamer Platz in Berlin.
Top 10 quotes of PM Modi from Potsdamer Platz in Berlin |
1. "India had 200-400 start-ups around 2014, their number is around 68,000 now," said PM Modi in his address to Indian diaspora in Germany
2. PM Modi also talked about direct transfer of benefits, under his government. "In last 7-8 years Indian govt transferred over Rs 22 lakh crore through direct benefits transfer to beneficiaries' bank accounts," he said.
3. "Technology's inclusion in governance shows the new political will of new India & is proof of democracy's ability to deliver," said PM Modi.
4. Highlighting the importance of citizens in a country's growth, the PM said, "Country progresses when people lead it; in today's India it is not the government but people who are the driving force."
5. "Aspiration for positive change & quick development were reasons why Indians elected a govt with full majority after 30 years in 2014," PM Modi said.
6. Recalling the 2014 elections, PM Modi said, "Indian voters ended political instability of 3 decades with the press of a button."
7. Referring to the Abrogation of Article 370, PM Modi said, "Earlier there was one nation but two constitutions. It took seven decades to implement one nation and one constitution. It has been implemented only now."
8. "Before 2014, wherever you used to see, everything would be a work in progress ... to end this, we've made PM Gati Shakti master plan to bring all stakeholders to one platform," he said.
9. "The price of Internet data is so low in India that it is unbelievable for many nations. Last year, India's share was 40% in Real-time global digital payments... Now no PM will have to say that I send Re 1 from Delhi but only 15 paise reaches," PM Modi said.
10. "We're celebrating 75 yrs of independence this year. I'm the first PM who was born in independent India. The peak on which India would be at the time it celebrates 100 years of independence, India is strongly taking step after step walking swiftly toward that goal," PM Modi added.