On Monday, with winning the toss, Royal Challengers Bangalore puts its flag of victory on the field by winning against Kolkata Knight Riders. RCB won the match by 82 runs. The team to be the joint No. 1 team on the IPL points table for the first time.
A record century partnership between captain Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers is to be credited for getting this honor to the team. RCB have 10 points, the same as Mumbai Indians (+1.327) and Delhi Capitals (+1.038), Kohli's team is now third on the net run rate (-0.116).
RCB captain Virat Kohli hailed AB de Villiers as a genius and said, "I thought I had a few balls under my belt so I'll start striking. But he came in and hit his third ball nicely. On a pitch like that, only AB can do that. It was a special knock. We got 195 purely because of the genius of that man."
RCB wins against KKR: Key points
- All eight teams have played seven matches each.
- This was RCB's fifth win from seven games while KKR's third loss in seven games.
- KKR slipped to the fourth place with eight points from seven matches with this defeat.
- Both RCB and KKR have equal chances of qualifying for the playoffs.
- RCB has joined the IPL’s top team tally with Mumbai Indian and Delhi Capitals.