In a fantastic thriller, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on Monday defeated Mumbai Indians (MI) by 52 runs. After the big loss against LSG, KKR were back in the race for qualifying to the playoff. Bumrah's maiden T20 fifer didnt prove to be enough for his team's victory. However, it was good news for Indian cricket for upcoming T-20 world cup, as Jasprit Bumrah did brilliant bowling. Here are the key highlights of the game:
1. MI won the toss and elected to bowl first against KKR
2. KKR openers Venkatesh Iyer and Ajinkya Rahane gave a fine start and built a fine 60-run partnership. Venkatesh Iyer made attacking 43 runs off 24 and Ajinkya Rahane made 25 runs off 24. After the fall of their wickets, Nitish Rana made 43 runs off 26.
3. After the fall of his wicket, Shreyas Iyer (6), Russell (9), Jackson (5), Cummins (0), and Narine (0) didn't contribute much. However, Rinku Singh made an unbeaten 23 runs off 19 and took KKR to a fighting total
4. KKR managed to score 165/9 in their 20 overs.
5. For MI, Jasprit Bumrah took 5/10 in his 4 overs and was sensational with the bowl.
6. Replying to the KKR total, Only Ishan Kishan was able to stay on the crease and made 51 runs off 43.
7. None of the other players in MI playing XI were able to score some runs.
8. MI managed to score 113/10 in 17.3 overs and lost the match by 52 runs.
9. Jasprit Bumrah was declared player of the match.
10. Brief scores: Kolkata Knight Riders 165/9 in 20 overs (Venkatesh Iyer 43, Nitish Rana 43, Jasprit Bumrah 5/10, Kumar Kartikeya Singh 2/32) beat Mumbai Indians 113 all out in 17.3 overs (Ishan Kishan 51, Kieron Pollard 15; Pat Cummins 3/22, Andre Russell 2/22) by 52 runs