On a Super Sunday, we witnessed both of the matches as one-sided thrillers. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) crushed Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 67 runs and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) crushed Delhi Capitals (DC) by 91 runs. After 2016, it was the first time when RCB won in the green jersey. Mathematically, CSK still has a chance to qualify for the playoffs. Here are the key highlights of both of the matches:
RCB vs SRH
1. RCB won the toss and elected to bat first against SRH
2. RCB lost the wicket of Virat Kohli on the first ball of the match. It was his third golden duck of the season.
3. After the fall of his wicket, Skipper Faf du Plessis and Rajat Patidar built an amazing 105-run partnership. Rajat Patidar made 48 runs off 38.
4. After the fall of his wicket, Faf du Plessis stayed with Glenn Maxwell and built a fine 54-run partnership. Maxwell made 33 runs off 24 and Faf du Plessis made an unbeaten 73 runs off 50.
5. Dinesh Karthik gave a fabulous finish by playing a cameo of 30 runs off 8 balls. He hit three sixes back-to-back in the last over.
6. RCB managed to score 192/3 in their 20 overs.
7. Replying to RCB total, SRH lost wickets of both of their openers Kane Williamson and Abhishek Sharma on duck. After the fall of their wickets, Aiden Markram and Rahul Tripathi built a fine 50-run partnership. Aiden Markram made 21 runs off 27 and Rahul Tripathi made 58 runs off 37.
8. After the fall of their wickets, none of the SRH batters were able to stay as Wanindu Hasaranga took a fifer.
8. For RCB, Wanindu Hasaranga took 5/18 in his 4 overs and Josh Hazelwood took 2/17 in his 4 overs.
9. SRH managed to score 125/10 in 19.2 overs and lost the match by 67 runs.
10. Wanindu Hasaranga was declared player of the match.
11. Brief Scores: Royal Challengers Bangalore 192/3 in 20 overs (Faf du Plessis 73 not out, Rajat Patidar 48; Jagadeesha Suchith 2/30, Kartik Tyagi 1/42) beat Sunrisers Hyderabad 125 all out in 19.2 overs (Rahul Tripathi 58, Aiden Markram 21; Wanindu Hasaranga 5/18, Josh Hazlewood 2/17) by 67 runs
Two wins in a row 💪 A comprehensive 67-run win for Royal Challengers Bangalore 👏👏 Scorecard 👉 https://bit.ly/TataIpl-2022-54 #TATAIPL | #SRHvRCBPosted by IPL - Indian Premier League on Sunday, May 8, 2022Advertisement
CSK vs DC
1. DC won the toss and elected to bowl first against CSK
2. CSK openers Devon Conway and Ruturaj Gaikwad gave a brilliant start. Devon Conway played attacking shots and Ruturaj Gaikwad played fine shots. They built a distinguished 110-run partnership in 10 overs. Ruturaj Gaikwad made 41 runs off 33.
3. After the fall of his wicket, Devon Conway and Shivam Dube built an attacking 59-run partnership. Shivam Dube made 32 runs off 19 and Devon Conway made a sensational 87 runs off 49, it was his third fifty back-to-back. After the fall of their wickets, MS Dhoni gave a dominant finish by played a cameo off 21 runs off 8.
4. CSK managed to score 208/6 in their 20 over.
5. Replying to the CSK total, DC lost early wickets of their openers David Warner (19) and KS Bharat (8). After the fall of their wickets, Skipper Rishabh Pant and Mitchell Marsh tried to settle, they built a 36-run partnership. However, CSK spinner Moeen Ali took wickets of both of them and made chasing more difficult for DC.
6. After the fall of their wickets, none of the DC batters were able to score runs.
7. For CSK, Moeen Ali (3/13), Dwayne Bravo (2/24), Mukesh Choudhary (2/22), Simarjeet Singh (2/27), and Maheesh Theekshana (1/29) were sensational with the bowl.
8. DC managed to score 117/10 in 17.4 overs and lost the match by 91 runs.
9. Devon Conway was declared player of the match.
10. Brief scores: Chennai Super Kings 208/6 in 20 overs (Devon Conway 87, Ruturaj Gaikwad 41; Anrich Nortje 3/42, Khaleel Ahmed 2/28) lost to Delhi Capitals 117 all out in 17.4 overs (Mitchell Marsh 25, Rishabh Pant 21; Moeen Ali 3/13) by 91 runs.
Chennai Super Kings back to winning ways after an emphatic 9⃣1⃣-run win against #DC 👏👏 Follow the match 👉 https://bit.ly/TataIpl-2022-55 #TATAIPL | #CSKvDCPosted by IPL - Indian Premier League on Sunday, May 8, 2022Advertisement