Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that India is the mother of democracy and the country's diversity is its strength. He made this remark while addressing the country from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the occasion of India`s 76th Independence Day. In his address, PM Modi called the day as historic and paid tribute to freedom fighters and nation builders like Tatya Tope, Rajendra Prasad, Ram Prasad Bismil, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Ashfaqullah Khan and others who fought against British rule. He further paid tribute to India's women fighters, including Rani Lakshmi Bai, Jhalkaribai, Chennamma and Begum Hazrat Mahal, saying the nation is beholden to them. This year, it was his ninth address to the nation where he urged the collective spirit of 130 crore of "Team India" to take the country forward and ensure that it is a developed nation in the next 25 years. Here are the top quotes from PM Modi's speech on the occasion of 76th Independence day:
Top 10 quotes of PM Modi : Independence Day 2022
1. Hailing the 'Made in India' initiative, PM Modi said, "For the first time in 75 years, made-in-India gun has been used for ceremonial gun salute from Red Fort."
2. Urging citizens to take pledge to not insult women, PM Modi said, "Respect for Women is important pillar for India's growth, we need to support our 'Nari Shakti'."
3. "Equality cornerstone of India's progress; we need to make sure we are united through mantra of 'India first'," said the prime minister.
4. PM Modi also said, "We salute our soldiers, police forces and most importantly every citizen who combated many challenges, worked towards vision of new India. There were problems of food security, war, terrorism, natural calamities but India marched forward against all odds."
5. The prime minsiter asked the citizens to focus on Panchpran, "In coming years, we've to focus on 'Panchpran'- First, to move forward with bigger resolves & resolve of developed India; Second, erase all traces of servitude; Third, be proud of our legacy; Fourth, strength of unity and Fifth, duties of citizens which includes the Prime Minister and Chief Ministers."
6. Attacking corruption, dynasty politics and nepotism, PM Modi said, "To cleanse every institute of India, let's shift our mentality from 'bhai-bhatijawad' and 'Parivaarwad' and give an opportunity to the citizens who deserve it. Corruption and dynasty politics are two of the biggest challenges before India. We need to fight against corruption with full might."
7. "Nation's enthusiasm for 'Tiranga' seen in last three days could not have been imagined by many experts, symbolises nation's reawakening," referring to 'Har Ghar Tiranga' Campaign, PM Modi said.
8. PM Modi also mentioned digital India in his speech from Red Fort and said, "Today, we are seeing the Digital India initiative, startups grow in the country, and a lot of talent is coming from Tier 2 & 3 cities. We have to believe in our abilities."PM Modi said India`s "techade" is here as the government is focusing on technologies such as 5G, semiconductor manufacturing and optical fibre cables. These technologies, PM Modi said, will bring about a revolution at the grassroots level.
9. PM further urged the countrymen to support and promote sports and praised India`s `stellar` performance in the recently concluded Commonwealth Games 2022. He said, "Our stellar performances at international sporting events are an example of India`s shining talent. We need to promote and support such talent."
10. Talking about employment and natural farming, PM Modi said, "There are multiple employment opportunities opened with creation of Green Jobs," he said. "Jai Jawan, Jai Kisaan, Jai Vigyaan, Jai Anusandhan - as we celebrate 75 years, we need to follow this mantra that was given to us by Lal Bahadur Shastri and later tweaked by Atal Bihari Vajpayee."