It's time to put your secret mixology abilities to use and prepare some refreshing cocktails at home over the weekend. While scotch is commonly preferred neat or on the rocks, its rich flavours make it a versatile spirit that can be enjoyed by everyone.
So, why wait? Bring out the drama and savour the moments with your close ones. Diageo India Brand Ambassador, Akash Tomar, shares few cocktail recipes to let you experience flavour notes that belong to your home bar.
* 45 ml Black & White Scotch Whisky
* 30 ml Pumpkin Puree
* 25 ml Pineapple Juice/Egg white 1 No.
* 30 ml Lime Juice
* In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients and mix vigorously.
* Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously again.
* Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
* Garnish with Rosemary/cherry skewer
Garden to Glass
* 45 ml Singleton of Glendullan
* 25 ml lime juice
* 25 ml sugar syrup
* Mint leaves 8 nos.
* Cucumber slice 5 nos.
Garnish: Mint & Cucumber
Glassware: Old Fashioned
* In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients
* Add ice and shake vigorously
* Strain into an old-fashioned glass over new ice
* Garnish with mint springs and cucumber
* 45 ml Johnnie Walker Black Label
* 10 ml cherry liqueure
* 5 ml amaretto
* 10 ml limoncello
Garnish: Fresh cherry
* In a mixing glass, combine all of the ingredients
* Add ice and whisk well
* Fine strain into an old-fashioned glass over new ice
* Garnish with a fresh cherry
Spiced Talisker Highball
* 45 ml Talisker 10 YO
* 20 ml cinnamon syrup
* 15 ml lime juice
* 110 ml soda
Garnish: Orange zest and cinnamon stick
* Fill a highball glass halfway with ice
* Pour in all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly
* Serve with orange zest and a cinnamon stick as garnish.
Yuzu Red Highball
* 45 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label
* 20 ml yuzu puree
* 15 ml ginger syrup (sweetened)
* 110 ml soda water
Garnish: Ginger Candy/lemon slice/lemon zest
* In a highball glass, combine the yuzu puree, ginger syrup, and red label
* Add ice and mix well
* Top with soda and stir again
* Serve with a ginger candy, lemon slice, or lemon zest as a garnish