Bangladesh PM's message and PM Modi's tweet | Key Points
1. Sheikh Hasina said that the two countries should concentrate on people-to-people contact, trade, business, and connectivity. Her video message also mentioned that the treaties, MoUs, bilateral agreements provide the formal structures for the working relations between the two nations but on Maitri Diwas the relations between the countries matured.
Also Read | PM Sheikh Hasina seeks end to arms races, concerted action for universal peace
2. "Our bonds of friendship have further been strengthened, diversified and expanded in recent years due to regular high-level political interactions and exchanges," the Bangladesh PM said. She further said that she continues to believe in the importance of India and Bangladesh relations and that they are celebrating the Golden Jubilee of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
3. PM Modi took to the microblogging site to share that he is looking forward to continuing working with PM Sheikh Hasina and further expanding and deepening the ties between the two countries.
4. He also said the two countries commemorate Maitri Diwas as they jointly recall and celebrate the foundations of our 50 years of friendship.
Also Read | Putin's visit to India full of symbolism: Arrival coincides with Soviet-backed recognition of Bangladesh
5. December 6 marks the day when India recognised Bangladesh as an independent country in 1971. Monday marks the 50th anniversary of India recognizing Bangladesh as independent and celebrates the diplomatic ties with independent Bangladesh, which is also one of the first countries India established international diplomatic ties with.