It has been 3 days since the city of Hyderabad witnessed the unprecedented flash flood followed by heavy rainfall. Things started to look bad when all the downpouring water started logging in the streets as well as the roads. People called out for help as everything was being flooded. The cars were being washed away, houses were coming down, and people were stuck in one place. Some of them unfortunately drowned but the Municipal Corporation or the Government had no control over this situation.
Hyderabad flooded as water logs around some area due to heavy rainfall: Key Points
- Dozens of colonies in Hyderabad and nearby areas remained inundated for the fourth consecutive day on Friday even as authorities scrambled to pump out floodwaters from waterlogged areas and provide relief to rain-hit people.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and Disaster Response Force (DRF) of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) were carrying out rescue and relief operations with boats in the worst-affected areas.
- Residents in the inundated colonies rued that they had lost everything in the flood. "We have lost everything in these rains. All our household goods have either been washed away or completely damaged. children have lost their education certificates," a woman said in Sai Chitra Nagar Colony in Ramanthapur.
- The residents blamed poor drainage and lack of coordination among government departments and contractors for the waterlogging.
- Meanwhile, rescue workers continued to search for four members of a family washed away in floodwater in Ali Nagar in Rajendra Nagar circle. Bodies of four family members, including two children, were found on Wednesday and Thursday.
- In Hyderabad and surrounding areas, more than 20 people have died in various rain-related incidents since Tuesday night.