After Elon Musk sealed $44 billion deal to take over Twitter, Vineeta Agarwal, wife of micro-blogging site's CEO also started making media headlines. Vineeta is a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) – a venture capital firm based in the US that has agreed to contribute USD 400 million as part of Musk’s new $7.1 billion fundraising commitments. This deal of Andreessen Horowitz and association of Vineeta with Andreesen has sparked controversy over her conflict of interest.
Vineeta Agarwal: Here's all you need to know
1. Vineeta earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biophysics from Stanford University and further completed her MD and PhD degrees from Harvard Medical School/MIT.
2. Earlier she worked as physician, an operator at healthtech startups and as a venture investor on the Google Ventures life sciences team.
3. She has also worked as an early data scientist at Kyruus and management consultant for Biotech. At Flatiron Health, she has worked as a director of product management.
4. Vineeta continues to look after patients at Stanford as an adjunct clinical professor in the Division of Primary Care and Population Health.
5. She also serves on a number of portfolio company boards, including GC Therapeutics, Memora Health, Thyme Care, BigHat Biosciences, Pearl Health and Waymark.
6. She currently works as a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz and manages the therapeutics, diagnostics and digital health of the VC firm’s bio and health funds.
7. Vineeta and Parag are now happily married and are parents to their son Ansh.