Adani's Record Profit Growth Paves the Way for Unmatched Green Investments
Highlighting the robust financial standing, the company maintained a significant cash balance of Rs 44,572 crore ($5.4 billion) by the end of December 31, 2023. The core infrastructure segment demonstrated exceptional performance, contributing Rs 66,208 crore ($8 billion) in EBITDA over the last 12 months, marking a notable 35.4 percent increase year-on-year.
India registers impressive 8.4% GDP growth in Q3, robust growth of 7.6% estimated for 2023-24
The high growth rate of 8.4 per cent in the October-December quarter has been driven by a double-digit growth in manufacturing sector of 11.6 per cent, followed by a good growth rate of construction sector (9.5 per cent).
Disney and Reliance join forces to create a Rs 70,000 crore media powerhouse in India
Under the terms of the deal, Reliance and its affiliates will hold a majority stake of 63.16 percent in the combined entity, with Disney retaining the remaining 36.84 percent, as stated in a joint statement released by the companies.
India Opposes Inclusion of China-Led Investment Facilitation Pact in WTO, Says Official
The 13th Ministerial Conference (MC-13) of the World Trade Organization (WTO) is currently in session, with Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and his delegation participating in the discussions that commenced on February 26.
India's Role as a Consensus Builder at WTO Undermined by Some Nations: Goyal
Goyal stressed the importance of restoring trust in the WTO's ability to deliver and ensuring adherence to decisions made within the organization. He emphasized the need for a functional appellate body to address disputes effectively, advocating for a resolution mechanism that upholds the rules of fair trade.
Government Set to Initiate Second Auction of Essential Mineral Blocks on February 29th
Saxena advised Kejriwal to take responsibility for decisions instead of attributing blame to others. He cautioned against the consideration of waiving bills, penalties, LPSC, and arrears for 10 lakh consumers, suggesting that the payments made by the remaining 17 lakh consumers who have dutifully paid their bills over the years should also be reimbursed, along with interest.
Sunil Bharti Mittal Honored with Knighthood by King Charles III
Bestowed with the title of Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (KBE) by King Charles III, Mittal is recognized "for services to UK and India business relations." The KBE stands as one of the highest honors granted by the British sovereign to civilians, often awarded to foreign nationals in an honorary capacity.