"My deepest condolences on the passing away of Ram Vilas Paswan. A towering personality, who stood with the cause of social justice and empowerment of the most marginalized,” said Sonia Gandhi in a statement.
Ram Vilas Paswan passes away after going through a hearth surgery: Top 5 points
• Ram Vilas Paswan breathed his last on Thursday evening at Fortis hospital here where he had been admitted for last several days.
• Paswan’s son Chirag Paswan gave the news of his demise through a tweet on Twitter.
• Ram Vilas Paswan had completed 50 years in active politics last year.
• Paswan has served as a Union Minister during UPA government and now he was serving as a minister in NDA government too.
• Several political personalities including PM Narendra Modi mourns the death of Paswan and recalled the moments of working with him as “Incredible Experience”.