Shweta Tripathi, who featured in shows like Laakhon Mein Ek and Haramkhor, expressed how Mirzapur role broke her sweet-girl image. She played a soft teenager girl in both Laakhon Mein Ek and Haramkhor but on the contrary, played an aggressive, violent girl in Mirzapur. With the complete change and in fact, opposite of the kind of roles she was getting, Mirzapur's Golu Gupta, which is the character played by Shweta, has broken the stereotypical image a sweet-teenage-girl image of her.
Shweta Tripathi talks about her sweet-girl image and the impact on it by Mirzapur: Key Points
- Actress Shweta Tripathi Sharma feels the popular crime drama Mirzapur has broken her girl-next-door image.
- "My main reason to do 'Mirzapur' was that I wanted to be seen as a credible actor more than a cute heroine. The world and the character were so far away, which is what drew me to this show.
- After 'Haramkhor', in which I played a teenager, I became synonymous with these young cutesy parts. But a performer has to be able to do all sorts of things. I consciously made a choice to do stories and films where I am not playing a soft part," she shared.
- In "Mirzapur", she plays the role of Golu Gupta. In the upcoming season, she will be seen as a headstrong girl.
- "Both 'Laakhon Mein Ek' season 2 and 'Mirzapur' changed how I was seen. These were both different outings and they were both highlighting different shades of me. One was righteous, the other was affirmative.
- Created by Puneet Krishna and directed by Gurmmeet Singh and Mihir Desai, "Mirzapur" season 2 will stream from October 23 on Amazon Prime Video.