During an episode of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 15', Amitabh Bachchan, known for sharing personal stories, recounted an anecdote about his father's modest income and their struggle to afford a pen. Hosting contestant Vishwas Tulshiram Dake, a farmer from Maharashtra, Big B signed a cheque for him, moistening the pen's nib with his tongue—a habit they both shared from their school days.
When Vishwas expressed surprise, Amitabh shared their similar habit and quipped about the shared trait. The contestant, overwhelmed, acknowledged the difference in their stature, praising Bachchan's greatness.
The iconic actor then revealed that during his childhood, their financial situation was such that his father earned around Rs 400-500 per month, making it challenging to afford a pen for education.
In a humble exchange, Vishwas, expressing disbelief, contested the notion, but Amitabh affirmed the reality of their past struggles, highlighting their journey toward education despite financial constraints.
Later, Vishwas asked about Bachchan's alleged rejection at All India Radio due to his voice, to which Big B confirmed the first statement while clarifying the misconception about becoming a "king of voice."
This heartwarming and insightful moment unfolded on the show, showcasing Bachchan's humility and the shared experiences that bridge the gap between him and everyday individuals. 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 15' airs on Sony.
1. Amitabh Bachchan shared personal stories on ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 15’, recalling his father's modest salary and their struggle to afford a pen during his childhood.
2. Vishwas Tulshiram Dake, a farmer from Maharashtra, appeared on episode 84 of the show and won Rs 3,20,000.
3. Bachchan signed the cheque for the contestant using his own pen, moistening its nib with his tongue before signing.
4. The contestant, noticing this habit, shared his own childhood experience of doing the same when a pen wouldn’t work in school.
5. Both Bachchan and the contestant chuckled over the shared habit, highlighting a commonality despite their apparent differences.
6. The contestant expressed admiration for Bachchan, who humbly responded, recounting his family's financial struggles during his early years.
7. Bachchan detailed how his father's monthly earnings couldn't afford them a pen, shaping their approach to education.
8. The contestant expressed disbelief, prompting Bachchan to reaffirm the truth of his childhood experience.
9. Vishwas inquired about a popular rumor regarding Bachchan's rejection at All India Radio due to his voice, which Bachchan confirmed partly.
10. ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 15’ airs on Sony, showcasing such heartfelt interactions and candid revelations from Amitabh Bachchan.
(With Agency Inputs)