Maruti Suzuki India Limited on Monday launched the CNG-variant of Celerio. This launch is seen as further reinforcement of the automobile manufacturer’s policy of expanding its green vehicle segment. “Maruti Suzuki has been a pioneer in the country to offer factory-fitted CNG cars. We have the largest portfolio of 8 green models on the road and have sold around 9,50,000 S-CNG vehicles… The launch of All-New Celerio S-CNG will take us a step closer to our ambition of spearheading the mass adoption of green vehicles in India,” said Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited.
Maruti Suzuki S-CNG: All you need to know
1. The S-CNG variant of Celerio is powered by Dual VVT K-Series 1-Litre engine which gives a mileage of 35.6 km per kilogram as per the company’s claim. The engine will generate a 41.7 KW power at 5300 rpm with a maximum torque of 82.1 Nm.
2. The S-CNG technology boasts a capacity of 60 litres.
3. The petrol-version of the car was launched back in November 2021 and has received a total booing of over 25000 bookings in just two months.
4. The petrol version generates a 48KW of power at 5500 rpm and has a maximum torque of 89Nm. S-GNG engines provide optimum safety, efficient mileage and engine longevity and resilience thereby providing superlative driving experience across all terrains.
5. It has a 3-D organic sculpted design as well as roomy cabins provides for comfortable experience. The ex-showroom price of the Celerio VXi model will be ₹6.58 lakh.
6. Maruti Suzuki sold 1,23,016 car models across segments in December 2021, posting a 12.6 percent decrease year-on-year sales. Celerio posted a 15.08 percent decline in sales year-on-year in the same month.